You’ve probably never considered working for a company with “funeral” in its name. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. We felt the same way. Our founders learned their trade at IBM. Our dev team came highly recruited from top computer science programs. Our designers joined us from marketing agencies. And our VP of sales started off in the drone industry.
Why did we all end up at Funeral Innovations? Because it’s an industry where we can develop and sell interesting technology that helps businesses while impacting people’s lives.
Founded in 2008, Funeral Innovations helps funeral homes reach their communities through digital marketing. Our marketing automation software marries easy-to-use technology with proven content to offer funeral homes a turn-key marketing automation solution. Best of all, members of their community benefit by receiving timely grief resources, much-needed end of life education, and better services in their time of need.
Why should you join us?
- You want to work in a small (12 person), fun, and fast growing startup environment
- You like being surrounded by people who are exceptional at their jobs
- You want the security of a profitable, bootstrapped company but with the ceiling of a well-funded startup
- You feel like disrupting an unsexy industry via cool technology that actually impacts people’s lives at a really important time
- You appreciate being trusted, respected, and having a voice that matters in the company
About the position
Funeral Innovations is currently seeking a Client Success Manager to make every customer love working with us and gets the most out of our suite of solutions. Our customers don’t understand digital marketing as much as they do results. It’s your job to bridge that gap. It’s your job to work with our sales team to ensure a smooth introduction into our company and prepare them for success during onboarding. It’s your job to handle their daily questions on our software, then share and celebrate their successes with them. It’s your job to be their advocate and internal voice within our company. It’s your job to use your creative ideas, passion, and work ethic to evolve the role in a way that generates love and enthusiasm among our customers. There’s no shortage of opportunities with customers or for yourself.
About the day to day
- Stay in touch with customers via phone calls and emails to build trust and loyalty
- Answer daily questions on our software with confidence and empathy.
- Connect with clients to complete onboarding meetings to guide them through the initial setup and introduction to our software
- Listen to their challenges with our software and patiently provide them the necessary education
- Use your experience to seek out new opportunities for expansion
- Keep our CRM up to date with your activities and client notes
- Meet and exceed quarterly and yearly churn goals
- Work with sales, marketing and development teams to improve our processes across the board with your ideas and insight
You’ll love this job if:
- You thrive in a fast paced, startup environment
- You love talking on the phone and building relationships with customers
- You enjoy teaching others and sharing their successes
- You’re repulsed by the thought of being a cog in a big company, and are inspired to be impactful part of a small team
- You enjoy digital marketing and technology, especially software that you’ve a hand in developing and shaping
- You love encountering and solving problems yourself, rather than having everything spelled out for you
- You’ve got ideas and are interested in running experiments to prove or disprove them
- You’re excited to grow your experience and career, but want don’t like having limits placed on your success
- You thrive in the details and obsess in finding better ways of doing things
- You are a self-starter and don’t like to be micromanaged
- You enjoy interacting with smart, fun, passionate people; people who actually have hobbies and lives outside of work
- Opportunity to travel, attend conferences, and present
- Team-wide performance bonuses
- 401K with employer matching
- Innovation and education budget to advance your career
- A whopping 18 vacation days plus 10 holidays. Enjoy your time off!
- Generous maternity/paternity plan
- A sit/stand desk plus laptop and accessories
- Friday beers, office happy hours, and team building events
- Bonus day off for your birthday!
Let’s do this!
To apply for the Client Success Manager position, please submit your application to email@example.com.