You’ve probably never considered working for a company with “funeral” in its name. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. We felt the same way. Our founders learned their trade at IBM. Our dev team came highly recruited from top computer science programs. Our designers joined us from marketing agencies. And our VP of sales started off in the drone industry.
Why did we all end up at Funeral Innovations? Because it’s an industry where we can develop and sell interesting technology that helps businesses while impacting people’s lives.
Founded in 2008, Funeral Innovations helps funeral homes reach their communities through digital marketing. Our marketing automation software marries easy-to-use technology with proven content to offer funeral homes a turn-key marketing automation solution. Best of all, members of their community benefit by receiving timely grief resources, much-needed end of life education, and better services in their time of need.
Why should you join us?
- You want to work in a small (10 person), fun, and fast growing startup environment
- You like being surrounded by people who are exceptional at their jobs
- You want the security of a profitable, bootstrapped company but with the ceiling of a well-funded startup
- You feel like disrupting an unsexy industry via cool technology offers you almost limitless selling potential
- You appreciate being trusted, respected, and having a voice that matters in the company
About the position
Funeral Innovations is currently seeking an Account Executive to call, qualify, consult, and close the hundreds of leads coming from new product offerings and explosive growth of technology adoption by the death care industry. Our customers don’t understand digital marketing as much as they do results. It’s your job to bridge that gap. It’s your job to be there from discovery to decision to delight. It’s your job to use your creative ideas, passion, and ability to get things done to launch you forward in this position and your career. There’s no shortage of opportunities with customers or for yourself.
About the day to day
- Call and qualify our growing list of leads, from hot to cold, finding the key drivers for improving their digital marketing
- Assist prospects through education, evaluation, and selection of their next marketing moves
- Use your creativity and quick wit to navigate objections and reluctance to change
- Use your experience to close opportunities and shorten sales cycles
- Keep our CRM up to date with your activities and opportunities and accurately forecast business
- Meet and exceed quarterly and yearly sales goals
- Work with marketing, customer success, and development teams to improve our processes across the board with your ideas and insight
- Occasionally travel to industry conventions and events for sales opportunities
You’ll love this job if:
- You thrive in a fast paced, startup environment
- People might describe you as a bulldog
- You’re repulsed by the thought of being a cog in a big company, and are inspired to be impactful part of a small team
- You love encountering and solving problems yourself, rather than having everything spelled out for you
- You’ve got ideas and are interested in running experiments to prove or disprove them
- You’re excited to grow your experience and career
- You are a self-starter and don’t like to be micromanaged
- You enjoy interacting with smart, fun, passionate people; people who actually have hobbies and lives outside of work
- Opportunity to travel, attend conferences, and present
- Team-wide performance bonuses
- 401K with employer matching
- Innovation and education budget to advance your career
- A whopping 18 vacation days plus 10 holidays. Enjoy your time off!
- Generous maternity/paternity plan
- A sit/stand desk plus laptop and accessories
- Friday beers, office happy hours, and team building events
- Bonus day off for your birthday!
Let’s do this!
To apply for the Account Executive position, please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org.