If a family has not gone to your website to access the Family Portal, it’s best to invite them during the arrangement process. This ensures family member has access to the Family Portal and can manage the tributes, images and more. By granting them access, it provides them more control and removes the workload of handling obituary requests from your staff.
Follow the steps below to invite family members to the Family Portal:
- Go to https://funeralinnovations.com/users/login
- Login with your username and password
- On the left side of the dashboard, click Cases
- Click Action on the case associated with the Family Portal you are inviting family members to.
Important: If you are creating a new case, you need to save the case first for the Family Portal to be shown in the menu options.
- Click View/Edit to open the case.
- Scroll down the page and click Family Portal.
- Enter the Next of Kin’s information. Especially the email address to invite them to the Family Portal. Then click Save Changes.
- To invite additional family members to the Family Portal, click Log into Family Portal.
- Due to timing, there might be an error shown. If you see the following error, repeat the previous step.
- Once the Family Portal is shown, confirm you are managing the correct Family Portal and click Family.
- Enter the emails of each additional family member separated by a comma. Then click Send Invite.